Avionics Maintenance Technician
- Maintenance - Shop
- Erlanger, KY, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Match, Travel Perks
Perform operations assigned by the Supervisor of Maintenance or Manager of Maintenance.
- Inspect, test, troubleshoot, and repair aircraft communication, navigation, pulse, flight control, voice recorder, flight data recorder, TCAS systems, instrumentation, and electrical/electronic accessories and systems.
- Make critical decisions regarding aircraft safety in a timely manner.
- Complete all documentation and paperwork in a neat and proficient manner according to the Company policies and procedures, as well as per FAR 65.81 and 65.83.
- Maintain adequate number and quality of tools necessary to perform assigned tasks.
- Understand and follow procedures out of the aircraft manufacture's maintenance manuals.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned by the Supervisor of Maintenance, Manager of Maintenance or higher authority.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must hold a current Airframe and/or Powerplant Certificate.
- One or two years related experience, working under the direct supervision of a senior Avionics Technician.
- Must be knowledgeable of the FAR's.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be willing to work in an environment that is subject to changing climate conditions and moderate noise levels.
- Must be able to exercise good judgement in a team environment as well as in aircraft maintenance and safety.
- Must have problem solving and organizational skills.
- Must be able to read and understand Company and Manufacturer Manuals.
- Must be able to perform all line maintenance functions unsupervised at any time.
- Must be able to lift and move items of 70 pounds or more on a regular basis.
- Must have excellent communication and people skills.
- Ability to bend and/or squat repeatedly and stand for long periods of time.
- Must own and provide a minimum set of tools.
To ensure a safe environment for all, we require a drug screening, FBI fingerprinting check and a 10-year background check.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media