Aviation Safety and SMS Program Manager
- - Safety
- Erlanger, KY, USA
- Full Time
The position reports to the Director of Safety, Security, and Compliance and will be responsible to support departmental programs and objectives. Promotes a robust safety culture fostering employee participation and sound risk mitigation practices to ensure the highest standard of safety and security. The position is responsible for DPJ's Safety Management System (SMS) and will manage and continuously improve the policies, procedures, training, technology, and execution of SMS. In addition, the position will be responsible for managing the development and oversight of DPJ's Emergency Response Program (ERP), Business Continuity (BC), and flight risk mitigation initiatives.
- Management of an SMS in accordance with the guidance contained in Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) 14 CFR Part 5 and Advisory Circular (AC) 120-92B.
- Manage and facilitate the SRA/SRM process to ensure effectiveness and resolution in a timely manner.
- Develop, facilitate, and track SMS training for all DPJ employees.
- Continuously improve the policies, procedures, training, technology, and execution of the SMS.
- Lead the weekly SMS meeting and ensure appropriate coordination and communication of SRA/SRM is performed.
- Maintain SMS database and associated records.
- Facilitate hazard identification and lead safety risk analysis within Safety, Security, and Compliance and, where needed, across DPJ operating divisions.
- Ensure safety promotion throughout DPJ.
- Continuously improve the policies, procedures, training, technology, and execution of BC.
- Ensure SMS, ERP, BC, and other appropriate documents (Manual, SOPs, etc) are updated and in-line with company and regulatory guidance material.
- Foster and build professional working relationships with all parties with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned by the Director of Safety, Security, and Compliance or higher authority
- Manage and execute the ERP.
- Continuously improve the policies, procedures, training, technology, and execution of the ERP.
- Ensure appropriate employee ERP training is completed and tracked.
- Manage a minimum of one tabletop/drill scenario per year.
- Lead the development and integration of BC plans across all DPJ departments.
- Manage, lead, and continuously improve flight risk mitigation initiatives across DPJ.
- Contribute publications for inclusion in the Safety, Security, and Compliance newsletter.
- Assist in the investigation of all safety or security related events or issues as assigned.
- Represent the DPJ Safety team at internal and external safety meetings and conferences (as appropriate).
- High School Diploma or GED required; bachelor's degree with at least three years of experience in the airline industry is preferred.
- Must maintain a working knowledge of Company controlled manuals, FAA regulations, Company policies and procedures, and all relevant FAA rules and regulations, and be knowledgeable about industry best practices relating to each.
- Demonstrated experience in aviation Safety Management Systems and risk management.
- Strong experience handling multiple complex projects with shifting and/or competing priorities.
- Detailed oriented with a tenacious focus on results.
- High level of self-confidence, flexibility, integrity, and honesty.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to pass DPJ background screening, TSA CHRC requirements, and pre-employment drug screening.
- Candidate with ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule and lives in the local area is preferred.
To ensure a safe environment for all, we require a drug screening, FBI fingerprinting check and a 10-year background check.
As an equal opportunity employer, Delta Private Jets recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity. EEO is the Law.
Accommodation for Applicants With Disabilities: Delta Private Jets, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have difficulty using our online system due to a disability and need an accommodation, you may email us at email@example.com or alternatively send a fax to 859-334-6552. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as the subject line of your email or as the title of your fax document.