Human Resource Benefits Specialist
- - Human Resources
- Erlanger, KY, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Match, Travel/Flight Benefits
Primary focus is to support the company's benefits programs. Will also support the operations of the Human Resources department. The HR Benefits Specialist will maintain an employee-focused culture when administering various components of employee benefits while maintaining a very high degree of confidentiality.
- Oversee employee benefit programs such as group health, dental, life, and short term/long term disability insurance.
- Oversee dependent care and health care reimbursement accounts (FSA's) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA's)
- Oversee and conduct the 401K plan administration including contribution changes, employee and employer contribution funding, annual audits, and 5500 filing to ensure compliance.
- Maintain up-to-date and thorough knowledge of employee benefit provisions and eligibility requirements.
- Prepare and distribute written and verbal information to inform employees of benefits programs.
- Ensure all benefit plan documents, summary plan descriptions, booklets, and information brochures are accurate and current for dissemination.
- Ensure all benefit information in the HRIS database is current and accurate.
- Ensure benefit invoices are submitted for timely payment.
- Assist payroll in ensuring all benefit deductions are accurate
- Assist in collection of unpaid and/or past due benefit premium deductions
- Coordinate annual benefits enrollment process.
- Serve as the liaison between the insurance companies and the employees.
- Coordinate wellness activities.
- Assist New Hires during benefit election process.
- Present benefit options during new hire orientation.
- Assist employees with questions regarding benefits.
- Run required benefit reports and assist with internal audits.
- Ensure employees' benefits are enabled or terminated as appropriate.
- Manage benefit paperwork.
- Handle incoming and outgoing documentation in matters relating to benefits.
Leave of Absence / Work Accommodations
- Manage the leave of absence program and process.
- Administer leave of absence programs which include, medical, military, personal, jury, worker's compensation, etc.
- Determine eligibility for leave programs including Family and Medical Leave (FMLA) and temporary disability leave according to established guidelines, and provide employees with required timely notice.
- Work cooperatively with others in Human Resources, Payroll and Risk management Departments to process and coordinate all employee leaves and absences, including those relating to workers' compensation claims and Sick Leave Bank.
- Manage all requests for work accommodations
- Work closely with the Director of Human Resources to conduct the interactive process to determine possible solutions for an accommodation
- Work closely with managers and other necessary personnel to arrange any approved accommodations
- Calculate and coordinate pay and benefits for employees on leave of absence.
- Act as point person for managers and employees in all matters related to worker's compensation.
- Establish and maintain contact with injured employees and provide assistance with claims and obtaining health care as appropriate.
- File First Report of Injury with workers' compensation insurance carrier
- Partner with HR Coordinator as needed for recruiting and onboarding efforts.
- Work closely with the Director of Human Resources to ensure compliance of laws and company policies and procedures for all matters related to Human Resources.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned by the Director of Human Resources or higher authority.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- In-depth knowledge of human resources laws specific to FMLA, FLSA, benefits, etc.
- Three+ years of relevant Human Resources experience and training.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to present.
- Strong organizational skills; must be able to track and monitor employee concerns and respond expediently.
- Solid knowledge of and practical experience using Microsoft Office.
- Must have a high level of integrity in dealing with highly confidential information.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred
As an equal opportunity employer, Delta Private Jets recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity. EEO is the Law.
Accommodation for Applicants With Disabilities: Delta Private Jets, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have difficulty using our online system due to a disability and need an accommodation, you may email us at email@example.com or alternatively send a fax to 859-334-6552. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as the subject line of your email or as the title of your fax document.