Manager of Flight Training and Standards
- Operations - Training
- Erlanger, KY, USA
- Full Time
Performs operational support within Operations to deliver and maintain the training of all crew members throughout the various fleet programs. Manages the relationship with the training vendors and FAA FSDO to meet operational goals.
- Works with the Director of Flight Operations to establish and maintain standardization of procedures fleet wide.
- Manages the DPJ FAA approved training program curriculum and ensures regulatory compliance with all phases of training.
- Manage the development of the operational training department materials and collaborate with business and functional unit leaders to identify training needs and implement identified training plans/programs.
- Assist departmental leadership with corporate training programs/initiatives identified by leadership as appropriate.
- Oversees the auditing process of off-site training centers to ensure training is compliant with DPJ manuals, standards, and regulatory requirements. Communicate audit findings to the Director of Operations for follow-up, adjustments, and/or corrective action.
- Set parameters of courseware development that addresses regulatory requirements for crew member training.
- Ensures top-quality and standardization of all training.
- Contributes support for the Training Coordinators when needed.
- Communicates with industry professionals, training centers, and manufacturers to ensure DPJ maintains or stays ahead of industry-wide standards in both innovation and technology.
- Reviews and audits statistical data to ensure completion of training requirements for all crew members meets both DPJ expectations and regulatory requirements.
- Acts as liaison with OCC in the event of an aircraft emergency.
- Reviews and audits crew member technologies for operational effectiveness.
- Analyze and prepare feasibility studies to recommend new technologies for fleet adoption.
- Acts as a liaison with FAA principles to ensure all crew members remain current and qualified for their designated positions to ensure operational readiness.
- Develop training curriculum for at-risk crew members to return to operational status. Provides progress reports and recommendations to the Chief Pilot through the development process.
- Assist the Safety Director to ensure compliance with ASAP and all investigations in the SMS/IROP program.
- Assist with recruiting by conducting in-person interviews and extending offers.
- Provide direction, coaching, and professional development to employees with an individual and team focus.
- Build individual and team competencies with ongoing positive and constructive feedback, as well as thorough annual performance evaluations.
- Establish individual and team goals and objectives; develop metrics and scorecards to monitor progress and achievement.
- Use appropriate methods to help build a cohesive team; facilitating the completion of team goals.
- Administer counseling, commendation, or disciplinary actions when necessary, using proper documentation.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned by the Vice President of Operations, or higher authority.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Aviation preferred.
- Aircrew experience during commercial flight operations preferred.
- Check Airman experience preferred.
- Attention to detail and experience with regulatory requirements.
- High level of self confidence, flexibility, integrity, and honesty.
- Strong experience handling multiple complex projects with shifting and/or competing priorities.
- Advanced ability to use Microsoft Office products as well as other software technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
To ensure a safe environment for all, we require a drug screening, FBI fingerprinting check and a 10-year background check. As an equal opportunity employer, Delta Private Jets recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity. EEO is the Law.
Accommodation for Applicants With Disabilities: Delta Private Jets, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have difficulty using our online system due to a disability and need an accommodation, you may email us at email@example.com or alternatively send a fax to 859-334-6552. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as the subject line of your email or as the title of your fax document.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media